We require the security deposit upfront to avoid discriminatory practices. We are not able to pick one application over another like individual owners can and, therefore, our process is first come first served. Whoever provides all applications (including income documentation and identification), security deposit, and signed deposit agreement will receive priority application position. We then evaluate the application in first position and determine if initial approval will be granted. If an applicant is denied then the security deposit is refunded and we move onto the next applicant who gets us everything listed. If approved, then we move forward with employment and rental verifications.
Articles in this section
- How long after I submit the security deposit and sign the deposit agreement will you have an answer for me?
- If approved, how quickly could I move in?
- I could not upload my pay stubs or ID when I submitted my application. How can I get those to you?
- Why do you require the security deposit upfront?
- I clicked the link to pay the deposit online but have not received anything yet?
- How can I submit a security deposit without paying a processing fee?
- My application as been denied; how do I go about getting my security deposit back?
- Why was my full security deposit not refunded?
- Is there a processing fee to pay rent online?
- Are my application fees refundable?