All homes have a main water shut off located inside the home. They are typically found in two places. The first will be on a wall that faces the street, where the meter is located. Usually, the shutoffs will have some type of access panel on the wall that needs to be opened. Inside the panel, there will be a valve that needs to be turned. If your water is on the valve will be parallel to the pipe. To turn off, turn 90 degrees or until it runs horizontally with the pipe. The second place will be in the utility room, they are typically found behind the water heater or in the ceiling. Follow the same instructions to turn off. Once you have turned off, make sure to login to your tenant portal and submit a maintenance request immediately so we can correct the issue.
Articles in this section
- We have water leaking in the house and don’t know where from. How do I turn the water off?
- Why won’t my heater turn on?
- My AC unit will not blow cold air. What's wrong with it?
- I have lost power to the oven, dryer and half of the property. What is wrong?
- Why won't my garbage disposal work?
- How do I change a furnace filter?
- I have lost power to some lights and outlets. How do I fix this?
- My water heater is leaking. How do I turn off the water?
- How do I light a water heater?
- How do I turn on/off the gas meter?