We are happy to send someone out to resolve any drain issues that you may have; however, most of the slow drains we encounter are due to tenant items such as hair, toys, food, and other items that may get lodged. If the issue is found to be caused by the tenant, we will, unfortunately, have to charge you for the repair. We recommend trying to diagnose the problem, prior to submitting a maintenance request.
Articles in this section
- We have water leaking in the house and don’t know where from. How do I turn the water off?
- Why won’t my heater turn on?
- My AC unit will not blow cold air. What's wrong with it?
- I have lost power to the oven, dryer and half of the property. What is wrong?
- Why won't my garbage disposal work?
- How do I change a furnace filter?
- I have lost power to some lights and outlets. How do I fix this?
- My water heater is leaking. How do I turn off the water?
- How do I light a water heater?
- How do I turn on/off the gas meter?